OPET is aware of the fact that its operations at its terminals have potential to cause major accidents due to the nature of operations. It is therefore committed to the best management of operations to prevent major accidents and to ensure the highest level of protection of employees, contractors, visitors, neighbors and the environment. OPET believes that all major accidents can be prevented by evaluating the major accident risks and accident probabilities arising from operations.
OPET aims to prevent major industrial accidents and reduce their impacts in line with OPET Management Systems (ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001, ISO 10002, ISO 14064, ISO 27001 and ISO 20000-1) and the Safety Management System (SMS).The Board of Directors of OPET commits to;
· Take high security measures for human and environment inside and in the vicinity of the terminals and provide all necessary resources for this purpose,
· Appoint staff with appropriate knowledge, skills, training and experience within the organization, for positions that will affect the safety and security of operational business processes,
· To conduct quantitative risk assessment and keep it up-to-date, in order to identify and assess major accidents caused by ordinary and unusual operations,
· Follow the technological developments in order to prevent major accidents and reduce their effects and to continuously improve the security measures in the facilities,
· Implement regulations and procedures, including maintenance, repair and interim stops, and keep them up-to-date
· Identify emergency situations which can be detected in advance by systematic analysis,prepare emergency plans for these emergencies and inspect and review them on a regular basis,
· Monitor the performance of the system within the framework of the procedures for determining compliance with the targets set by the Security Management System,investigate corrective actions in case of non-compliance,
· Periodically and systematically evaluate, document, review and review the effectiveness and appropriateness of the Safety Management System, and continuously improve the Security Management System.
· Provide trainings and improve staff with necessary analysis and programs,
· Abide by national and international laws, legislations, regulations and standards,
· Investigate possible incompatibilities with the policy and eliminate any incompatibilities by taking necessary actions.and thus ensuring the health and safety of employees, contractors, visitors and neighbors, and protection of the environment by preventing major accidents.